If You Have Been Seriously Injured, We Can Help Our Lawyers Have More than 35 Years of Combined Experience

Frequently Asked Questions

Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers

If you’ve been injured, you may feel lost and confused, unsure of where to turn or what to do. You can get honest insight and straightforward answers to your questions by calling our offices, but we have also included several frequently asked questions for you to review here on this website. Our Sacramento injury attorneys are there when you need us.

Call us today at (916) 476-2399 to set up a free consultation where we can discuss your claim.

  • Why should I work with a lawyer?

    After an accident, you’ll be left dealing with the insurance company. You’ll also be facing medical bills and may be experiencing financial difficulties if you miss work. A lawyer can handle your claim for you, negotiating for a fair settlement or taking your case to court to pursue a favorable verdict. In addition to greatly improving your chances at securing maximum compensation, an attorney can take the weight of your case off your shoulders so you can focus on healing. Because every case is different, we recommend calling our offices to see if you need an attorney in your specific situation.

  • I don’t have any money. How can I afford an attorney?

    When you work with an attorney at Piering Law Firm, you pay no up-front attorney fees or other out-of-pocket expenses. In fact, we work on personal injury lawsuits on a contingent fee basis, which means we only get paid if you do. Our fees are paid out of your settlement or award and will be a previously agreed-upon percentage, so there are no surprises.

  • What if I was to blame?

    In California, even if you were partially to blame for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. The principle of comparative negligence will apply. This means that, as long as you are less than 50% at-fault for your accident, the other party will be responsible for your damages. Your award or settlement may be reduced by the percentage that you are to blame, however, so if you were 10% to blame and were entitled to a $10,000 settlement, the other party would pay for 90%, or $9,000.

  • What is my case worth?

    The value of your claim depends on many factors, including the type of accident you were involved in, the injury that you sustained, how long your injury will affect you, your past and future medical expenses, and other ways your life will be affected going forward. Additionally, details of the accident can greatly affect the value of your claim, including who was responsible for your accident, and whether there were drugs or alcohol involved. We will work with you to determine the fair and full value of your case.

  • Will my case go to trial?

    Though most personal injury cases are settled outside of the courtroom, our Sacramento injury lawyers prepare each case as if it were going to trial. This enables us to enter into negotiations in a position of power, which helps our clients obtain the best possible results. As aggressive and skilled litigators, we are fully prepared to protect your rights and interests at trial.

CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION

We handle cases on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay us until we win.
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.