- Award-winning representation
- Millions of dollars recovered
- Consultations are free
- You don't pay unless we win
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
U.S. Truck Accident Statistics
Collisions involving large trucks occur more often than many people realize. Below, we have compiled some of the most shocking statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- In 2019 alone, 5,005 people died and 159,000 were injured in collisions involving large trucks. Of these deaths, roughly 18% were truck occupants while the remaining 82% were occupants of other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Truck accidents accounted for roughly 14% of all motor vehicle deaths in 2019.
- In 2019, 98 drivers of large trucks involved in fatal crashes were alcohol-impaired at the time of the crash.
Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Due to their size, accidents with semi-trucks and big rigs usually result in catastrophic injuries such as:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Burns and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
While there is no amount of financial compensation that can make up for your loss, our lawyers will do our best to understand how the tragedy of a truck accident has affected your quality of life. We will identify all the responsible parties and make them pay the maximum compensation for your injuries or loss. From the negotiation table to the courtroom, we have the skill and experience needed to prevail in your case.
We Thoroughly Investigate Your Accident
An immediate investigation is especially important in truck accident cases. Trucking companies have been known to destroy critical evidence such as driving records, driver logs, and maintenance records in an effort to sidestep liability.
At Piering Law Firm, our Sacramento truck accident attorneys have an accident investigator on staff who will immediately start working to obtain the evidence that is needed to build a strong case for you. We also work with accident reconstructionists who will identify the cause of your accident.
Don't wait to get help! Contact our firm today to schedule a free consult.